Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rest Assured

I happen to enjoy sleeping on a very comfortable bed. I can recall like it was yesterday.

I was out of town tired, just checked into my hotel room, slow waltzed into the elevator with eyes red from exhaustion. Thoughts of taking a nice hot shower and crashing skipped through the halls of my mind. After reaching my room my thoughts became a reality.

After the shower I put on my PJ's and jumped into the bed and whoa it was the most comfortable bed that I laid upon. I was definitely impressed because my bed at home is very comfortable but I would take this bed over it.

That was some of the best sleep that I ever had laying on a bed before in my life. I have slept on some really comfortable beds ranging from tempurpedics, water beds, and a host of others.

There are so many people in the world who cannot find rest. Some who have the biggest bank accounts, sleep in the best beds, and travel all over the world but they cannot find rest.

True rest that refreshes, restores and rejuvenates from the inside out. Divine rest that is highly unlike finding comfort. Comfort comes and goes. You can have a comfortable bed that you sleep in every night. However there are times when you toss and turn and cannot find rest.

There are too many people in life who cannot find rest. They look to find it in sex, drugs, money, fame and having fun. But you won't find it there.

You wont find it in a Long island Ice Tea.

You wont find it in a Newport cigarette.

You wont find it in a crack pipe.

You wont find it sipping syrup.

You wont find it in popping ecstasy pills.

You wont find it in sniffing coke or snorting dope.

You wont find it in a vacation to an exotic Island.

You wont find it in having sex and experiencing an orgasm.

Yes I said it because I keep it real.

You wont find it Serta Perfect Sleeper, or a sleep number bed

There is only one place that you can find it.

Where is that?

You will find it in Jesus. Ask Jesus and He will tell you

Matthew 11:28-30 (King James Version)

28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

It's that simple.

What are you waiting for you can rest assured today?

No comments:

Post a Comment