Thursday, September 3, 2009

Take Time 2

Time waits for no one.

There is a huge difference between finding time to do something and taking time to do something. What is the difference you ask?

The difference is this when you find time to do something you cut out a piece of your schedule to fill in or put in a task. Taking time to do something can mean hesitating or contemplating to do something and it can mean taking time to do a task or job.

We all have time for our agendas no matter how busy we are in life. When it comes to others especially when it comes to the Most High God we have a limited schedule. Even when we say that we don't.

We limit our time praying to Him.

Yet we talk with our mates, gossip and spend hours talking on the telephone

We limit our time in studying His Word.

Yet we have time to read mystery books, urban fiction, thrillers, self-help, history, magazine articles, and all manner of other literature

We limit our time to getting to know God

Yet we want to get to know people we work with, want to get into a relationship with and people we enjoy spending time with.

We even limit out time to be filled by His Spirit.

Yet we like being filled with our passions, our array of manifold emotions and everything else.

Ask Paul and he will tell you in 2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Which means that we must not read the Bible but we must study the Bible. Studying God's word to show yourself approved of God. God approves of you to endeavor deep into His word to get to know Him better.

As you get to know Him better you will fall in love with Him. When you fall in love with Him you will want to spend more and more time in His presence and share your love with the world.

Ask John and he will tell you in John 14:16-21

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: F28 I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Take time to fall in love with the Most High today. You will be greatly rewarded in many areas of your life. If you are faithful until the end you will dwell and reign with Him forever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment